Session 9 12th November 2021
This week was our last week together for this year. Between games and free play and weaving and clay, we had a great time learning through play.
Every session we share what we are grateful for from the session. This is a core part of the structure of Forest school for us as gratitude helps us to.
- Feel better about our lives overall
- Experience higher levels of positive emotions like optimism, enthusiasm, love, and happiness
- be kinder and more generous to others
- Sleep better
- cope with stress more effectively and recover more quickly from stressful situations (resilience)
Here are some of the things the children said they are grateful for:
- Being in nature – finding out about plants and what you can do with them
- All the shops we set up!
- being on Killiney Hill instead of being in the classroom all day. You feel the wind blowing and seeing the flowers and it’s really beautiful.
- sit spots because you get to calm yourself down
- playing in the forest
- all the trees – they’re so helpful. They let me have a shop and help us breathe.
- nature and the trees in our base camp.
- Going on the slide many many many times
- fresh air
- rangoli patterns
- seasons – everything changed in the 9 weeks we were here
- the games we made up and the shops we created and the grave for Mr Popales.
- making things, the fairy swing we made with the string that we made,
- leaves for leaf fights and art and jumping and burying and fun
- Being able to do Forest school.
- The mother tree – how it’s a wonderful place to play and how it can also be so soothing
- Gives us a break from the work in the classroom.
- to the teachers for making Forest school happen.
- playing lots of games and having fun together
- having fun makes me feel happy
- making things like bracelets
- The view from base camp
- how nice people are on the hill that we get to meet and see
- how much there is to explore