Junior Infants found lots of amazing things in the woods and were very surprised to get a letter from the grandmother tree. We are building connections with the place and the plants and the birds and the squirrels and how things change each week.
Some of what the children noticed:
- the grandmother tree is beautiful and she waved at us.
- that tree is leaning
- there is fluffy, wiggly moss on the year
- look – there’s a snail trail on the tree
- there’s a squirrel high up there
- it’s hard to find daisy leaves because they grow so close to the ground!
- we are in the middle of a cloud – it’s cloud school – can you taste the cloud!