Items on the agenda included the Principal’s Report, Treasurer’s Report, Voluntary Contributions (VCs), Communications, and Maintenance report. Specific items included:
- The Board appreciates the work of the PTA in organizing pre-loved clothing sale and a garden meitheal. These community initiatives foster connections between people and environment, and nurture the DSP teamwork spirit, an essential part of our ethos.
- The Board appreciates Gary’s work in fitting out the outdoor learning pods.
- The Board approved budget 2023-2024 and alerts the school community to uncertainty regarding DE grants. To date, the Board has received €20,000 less funding than 2022-2023, including the loss of IT and other grants.
- The Board thanks families for making Voluntary Contributions and encourages everyone to make whatever contribution they can as the budget is very tight this year.
- As part of the 4 year cyclical changeover of Boards of Management, the Board invites nominations from people who have skills in areas such as community-building, law, construction, human resources, education, finance, IT. The BoM AGM will take place on 27th November 2023 when elections will take place.