1. The Board acknowledges the work and commitment of teachers who participated in Continuous Professional Development during their summer break. Courses attended include: Compassionate Communication; Helping Children Understand Anxiety And Promoting Positive Behaviour; Teaching Science through Enquiry; 101 steps to better wellbeing; Ethical Education Summer School; Educational Trails in Dun Laoghaire; Using Standardised Data to Monitor Literacy and Numeracy Progress; Fostering Growth Mindset and Grit in the Classroom; Digital Technologies to support the Literacy Process; Fifth and Sixth class education; Moving from Mainstream to Learning Support/Resource; Steps to Better Wellbeing.
2. The Board is liaising with Gardaí and DLRCoCo following complaints from local residents associations regarding safety issues in the locality at drop off and pick up.
3. The Board approved funding for an iPad in each class and each Special Education group.
4. The Board acknowledges the work and commitment of teacher Gillesa O’Shea and SNA Ruth Lyons who have resigned their positions.
5. The Board reminds parents/guardians planning to apply for a junior infant place in the school in the coming years to check the Pre-Enrolment page regularly for notifications of amendments to our Enrolment and Admissions policy:https://www.dspns.ie/pre-enrolment/
6. The BoM AGM will be held on Wednesday 13thNovember 2019. The Board seeks nominations for potential vacancies. Relevant skills include understanding of ethos, educational knowledge, accountancy, interpersonal skills, legal knowledge, management, community development.
The next meeting of the BoM is Monday 14th October 2019.