A meeting of DSPNS Board of Management (BOM) was held on Monday 8th April 2019.
Items on the agenda included the Treasurer’s Report, Principal’s Report, Communications Report, Maintenance report, Voluntary Contributions report, and Buildings report. Specific items included:
1. The Board appreciates the positive response to the recent reminder letter re Voluntary Contributions and thanks all those who have contributed to date.
2. The Board seeks help in the summer term from parent/guardians to volunteer as Safe Traffic volunteers to ensure children are safe at school gates. A minority of drivers are not taking responsibility for safe parking.
3. The Board approved funding for an upgrade of laptops.
4. The Board approved funding of deposit to secure a venue for the DSP40 reunion in May 2019.
5. The Board is preparing a draft statement regarding the changes required by the Education (Admissions to Schools ) Act 2018.
Next meeting: Monday 13th May 2019 7:30pm
We are delighted to have been nominated as Best School in The Community in our Southside Community & Sports Awards 2019.
“This is going to be one of the most closely contested categories as schools play such a vital role in our communities, often over and above the area of education. While academic excellence certainly merits a nomination, there are a multitude of other reasons why schools – big or small – should be entered into this category.”
The Event is on in The Talbot, Stillorgan Hotel on Friday 26th April @ 7pm with a drinks Reception & a meal where the Awards will be presented, Joe Duffy is MC. and the dress code is Smart/Casual.
Two teachers are representing the school. Further tickets can be purchased on https://dublinpeopleawards.com/tickets/