What a busy month we are enjoying. The calendar is packed every day. Congrats to 6th class for making a comeback from 5-Nil at half time (METNS – DSPNS) to win the Friendship Cup at Monkstown ETNS today! The final score was 5 – 6 (DSPNS – METNS). Yet again, compliments on the attitude and respectful manner of our DSP pupils were showered on 6th class – maith sibh!
We loved the shows from 1st and 3rd classes. Junior and Senior Infants sang their hearts out in their morning performances. Many thanks to all teachers and SNAs involved in preparing the children.
We are full of admiration for 5th class who have followed up their many knitting creations with beautiful puppets that involved learning sewing skills. Some children even made ‘portrait’ puppets of their friends.
Board of Management Meeting Summary Report June 2019
- The Board thanks all who have contributed to Voluntary Contributions to date €30,000 approx.
- The Board acknowledges the work and commitment of staff who are leaving DSPNS: teachers Karen Göbl and Aisling de Paor; SNAs Lisa Maher and Betty Johnston.
- The Board recommends that parents/guardians planning to apply for a junior infant place for a child in the school in the coming years should check the Pre-Enrolment page regularly for notifications of amendments to our Enrolment and Admissions policy:https://www.dspns.ie/pre-enrolment/
- The Board thanks staff and school community for the extra work over the past year as part of DSP40 making a stellar year of 40thanniversary celebrations.
- Following the very successful 40thanniversary celebrations the Board is committed to engaging with the school community with a view to upholding the characteristic spirit and inclusive environment of the school.
Next meeting: Monday 16th September 2019 7:30pm
Congratulations to all in 2nd class who celebrated their Moving On ceremony today. It is wonderful to know they are well prepared for being stretched and challenged in more ways at the senior end of the school in the coming school year.
We appreciate the beautiful weather on Be a Good Sport Day.
What a great community celebration of 40 years of DSP – a wonderful day of fun activities for children and adults. Special thanks to Mr Mannion for organising and to staff who helped with laying out Sallyglen, helping at finish lines and tidying all the equipment afterwards.