We are delighted to have access to teachers trained in broadcasting lessons. RTE’s Home Hub gives children an opportunity to select lessons they would like to learn from. If a child feels they need extra tuition in certain subjects, they can choose to watch lessons aimed at different classes e.g. 6th class pupils could watch lessons from 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th as a way of doing revision. Learning a language involves lots of repetition. When we stop using a language, we forget the words, whether we are children or adults.
Being in the privacy of home means children do not have to deal with perceived peer pressure that can become a significant factor in senior classes in primary school. Try some of these lessons and use our usual evaluation system: two stars and a wish – two things you liked learning in a lesson, one thing you would change.
RTÉ Home School Hub Notes:
1. RTÉ Home School Hub is on RTÉ2 Monday to Friday at 11AM.
2. RTÉ Home School Hub Extra is on RTÉ2 Monday to Friday at 04:10PM
3. RTÉ Home School Hub is also available with ISL on RTÉ 2 Monday to Friday at 1pm and is also
available on RTÉ Player.
4. The class groups are divided as follows:
1st – 2nd Class – Múinteoir Ray
3rd – 4th Class – Múinteoir John
5th – 6th Class – Múinteoir Clíona
5. Additional bespoke activity sheets are available for each episode of RTÉ Home School Hub. These are available for each class group and can be downloaded in both Irish & English where appropriate athttps://www.rte.ie/learn/
6. All episodes of RTÉ Home School Hub and RTÉ Home School Hub Extra are available to watch as catchup on RTÉ Player at https://www.rte.ie/player/
7. Tailored audio content is available based around the daily lesson themes on the RTÉ Home School Hub Podcast which is available at https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/podcasts/series/31814
8. A weekly ‘Big Kids Quiz’ is also available each Friday for 1st-3rd class & 4th-6th class groups on the RTÉ Home School Hub Podcast at https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/podcasts/series/31814
9. RTÉ will also add additional educational based content on https://www.rte.ie/learn/ with existing collaborations with institutions such as IMMA, Fighting Words, Microsoft DreamSpace, Irish National Heritage Park, Science Foundation Ireland, UCD Insights Lab for example. Other collaborations will be curated and added weekly to the 3 individual RTÉ Home School Hub class sections.
We would ask that any social media activity related to the RTÉ Home School Hub is tagged with #RTEHomeSchool
Please note that this is the provisional broadcast schedule for this week and it may be subject to alteration.