Q1: What is Forest School?
Forest school is holistic learning in a natural environment on a regular (in this case weekly) basis. We provide opportunities for the children to connect to themselves, each other and the world we live in. https://irishforestschoolassociation.ie/whatisforestschool/
Q2: How do you run Forest Fridays in DSP?
The bullet point answer to this:
- Every second year every child gets a 9 week block of sessions (Senior Infants, 2nd, 4th, 6th class)
- Whole class (30) out at the same time
- Divided into three groups of ten children
- 1 staff & 1 helper per group
- Same base camp, same group, same leader each week
- 2.5 hours per session
- Wet weather doesn’t stop us (only high winds)
- 9 sessions and one of the sessions the children being leaders for their parents