We are delighted with the fine weather which has allowed us to go ahead with outdoor activities. Junior and Senior Infants have been busy with environmental studies in the garden, drama in the patio and yard, and computer studies in the classroom. 3rd, 4th and 5th are busy practicing for plays, and also continuing with Literacy and Numeracy studies.
Enrolment Policy EGM next Wed 30 May 2012
16 parents/guardians (and 5 Board of Management members) attended last week’s information meeting on Enrolment Review. It is a disappointing turn out for a very significant policy review. The motions being voted on are:
1. that the Enrolment policy is changed so that siblings of children who are currently pupils in the school will be given preference if placed on the pre-enrolment waiting list (PEL) within 6 months of their birth. Prioritisation of siblings will only apply to the JI list.
2. that the Enrolment policy is changed so that in the case of an adopted child or child in long term foster care, the PEL application date shall be backdated by adding to their birth date/placement date, the interval of time between placement with their existing family and the date their application for pre-enrolment is received by the school.
For example: Child B is born/placed on 1 February 2009. He/she is placed with a family for adoption/foster care on 1 August 2011. An application to place him/her on the pre-enrolment is received in the school on 14 August 2011. The date of receipt of application is calculated as 14 February 2009.
Each parent/guardian has a vote. Each person must come and vote in person. Please use your vote on one of the following days:
- Wed 30 May in Halla 8pm – 9pm
- Thurs 31 May 8.30 – 9.30am; 1.00 – 2.20pm
- Fri 1 June 8.30 – 9.30am; 1.00 – 2.20pm
Thanks to all who attended last week’s meeting. Please use your vote next week!
The RC committee would like to thank all the parents who helped out at the Holy Communion on Saturday the 19th of May. The homemade buns, sandwiches and help on the day ensured that the party in the school was a great success. Thank you also to all of second class who came along to celebrate the occasion.
- Monday 28 May @ 9.30am new Junior Infants children and parents visit class.
- Wednesday 30 May BOM EGM Enrolment Policy Vote 8 – 9pm in Halla
- Enrolment Policy Vote Thurs 31 May 8.30 – 9.30am; 1.00 – 2.30pm
- Enrolment Policy Vote Fri 1 June 8.30 – 9.30am; 1.00 – 2.30pm
- Sports Day Wednesday 20 June 2012