Internet Safety and Cyber Bullying talk for Parents/Guardians on Wednesday 6th March at 7.30pm. Tea/Coffee served afterwards by the PTA.
Dalkey School Project Parent/Teacher Association or PTA
The aim of the association is to promote the development of the school. Membership is open to all parents/guardians of children enrolled in the school and to all members of the teaching staff.
The main activities of the association are:
- To provide opportunities for members to meet and discuss matters of common interest.
- To encourage and organise practical assistance to the school.
- To organise fund raising events.
- To organise extra curricular activities for both parents, guardians and children.
- To keep members informed about general issues affecting the school.
- To provide a forum through which members may contribute to the development of policy in a wide range of areas.
As is clear from the information above, the work of the PTA involves much hard work. Part of the ethos of our school is that the school is managed in a democratic manner. One of the ways you can, as a parent or guardian, contribute to the life of the school is to participate in, or support the association’s activities. We would encourage people to come along to some of the events planned for the coming months. There is even an outside chance of having a bit of craic – which we on this island are famous for! All offers of help are gratefully appreciated.
The DPSNS PTA organises extra curricular activities for the children each term. Sign up forms go home the week the term starts.
Arts and crafts